Xator Corporation is currently accepting applications for an experienced Diesel Mechanic in the Charleston (Eleanor), West Virginia area.
Job requirements include:
- Maintain, repair, and operate Civil Engineering Support Equipment (CESE) equipped with Caterpillar, Cummins and other diesel engines; Allison transmissions and complex drive train and electrical systems
- Consult with customer and read work orders to determine work required
- Procure required materials for repairs
- Plan work procedures, using technical charts and manuals
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines, and other parts of vehicles
- Follow checklists to ensure that all critical parts are examined
- Read and interpret diagnostic test results to identify mechanical problems
- Repair or replace malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment
- Complete and maintain complete documentation necessary to account for maintenance time, repair parts ordered and installed, and record maintenance and repair functions as prescribed to perform scheduled maintenance and interim repairs
- Perform basic care and maintenance, including changing oil, checking fluid levels, and rotating tires
- Test-drive vehicles to ensure that they run smoothly
Must have a minimum SECRET US government issued security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.