Xator Corporation is looking for a Virtualization Engineer that is passionate about installing, configuring and maintaining a virtual server environment. If you want to join a company that values supporting DoD critical projects and are open to commuting to Washington, DC, we want you to talk to you!
Our Defense division is responsible for supporting our customer, the United States Navy. We play a key role in maintaining and supporting a constant state of readiness, security and performance of mission critical communication systems for the Navy. Come be a game changer and join our team!
You’re a great fit if…
- You have expert level knowledge in developing and implementing virtualization processes using a combination of established and approved COTS/GOTS products and best business practices.
- You have lead virtualization infrastructure efforts and initiatives and ensured that team members complied with standard procedure and protocols.
- You enjoy researching, analyzing, recommending and implementing new technologies, e.g. server virtualization and advance data storage and replication; meeting standards, utilizing correct and approved processes, tools and techniques.
You’ll love our Virtualization Engineering role if… (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have 7+ years of experience with virtualization/virtual system administration.
- You have worked in Windows and Linux virtualization environments.
- You have experience with designing, implementing and managing multiple virtual environments and Virtual LANs.
- You have expertise with VMWare management tools (vCenter, vRealize Operations, VMware Configuration Manager).
- You have experience working in DOD and/or Navy
- You have hands-on experience with implementing the DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs).
- You are DoD IAT Level II Certified one of the following: (Security+, GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA-security)
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree and an active Secret clearance.
We’ll REALLY love you if…. (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You have experience with the following Storage Infrastructure Engineering/Databases: SAN, EMC, Hitachi, SQL, Oracle, Backup, Virtualization.
- You have knowledge of implementing solutions implementing storage solutions for AIX, Linux, Windows and VMware environments.
- You have a VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) certification.
- You have an active Top Secret clearance.
What your day will look like:
- You’ll lead the virtualization portions of contract by providing support for environment including design, sizing and documentation.
- You’ll perform assessments as to whether there are potential problems and issues that must be addressed, and provide the results to the Government.
- You’ll support OS/Virtualization and other unique services which include ADFS, Integration, REL, and Identity Management.
- You’ll schedule and maintain full, incremental, and differential file backups and restoration tasks.
- You assist with troubleshooting and problem resolution associated with hardware, system software, utilities and subsystems to ensure that the organization's response time goals and systems availability standards are consistently met.
The Admin Stuff:
Active Secret Security Clearance is required to apply. Candidates selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Xator Corporation provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.