The Systems Engineer will be part of a transformation that leverages the Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) to build big data capabilities. The selected candidate must be aware of all activities associated with the design, test configuration, qualification, certification, operation, and requirements of the product/project. The Systems Engineer will support a large complex physical and AWS environment.
Candidate must understand planning, design, and implementation necessary to support a large enterprise system. Proven experience in systems engineering: technical planning; workflows; interface dependencies; design, implementation, and operability planning.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related engineering field and 13 years of software development, web applications development, and systems engineering/architecture experience; or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related engineering field and 11 years of software development, web applications development, and systems engineering/ architecture experience.
- Will develop solutions to increasingly complex problems with varied scope, utilizing ingenuity and sound judgment to achieve accurate results.
- Perform technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk analysis, requirements analysis and technical tradeoffs.
- Ensure system security needs are established and implemented.
- Interface with multiple stakeholders daily.
- Develop and provide metrics and status reporting during all phases of the project.
- Knowledge/understanding of the following: Technical planning and system integration workflows and methods, basic understanding or experience in systems engineering methods, risk management, requirements management and/or testing tools, and detailed analysis / trade studies.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS DESIRED:
- Agile/scrum experience.
- C2S experience.
- Data migration experience.
- Cross Domain Transfer experience.
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) experience.
- System Accreditation - ICD/503 experience.
- Project Management Framework (PMF) experience.
- Integrated Library Systems (ILS), such as Voyager; EOS; Progressive Technology Federal Systems (PTFS) Enterprise Content Management System or Koha Liblime Library System experience.
- Good presentation skills, including comfort presenting technical material in a group setting.